Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of you have put a cutout on a corsa system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How many of you have put a cutout on a corsa system?

How many here have welded a flowtech exhaust cutout to the I pipe of a stainless steel corsa catback system? I am little nervous about cutting and welding on stainless steel, espcially since the system cost $800. Anyways is it hard to cut and weld on stainless steel?
Old 01-10-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a flowtec installed on my corsa at a local shop. They cut the pipe with a sawzall, welded it in, paid my $20 and was out the door.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

Any compentent welder should be able to do this fine. Personally I welded a bullet into my Corsa w/ a cheap gasless Mig and it turned out fine. It's been on there for about 6 mos now and I'm not the greatest welder either.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was looking into headers for my car. already have corsa. never heard corsa with an ORY. do you have a soundclip of video of your car you could send me?
Old 01-10-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

There should be soundclips you are looking for at LS1sounds.com. I have a QTEC in my I pipe before my Corsa muffler. Gained 4rwhp @ 5rwtq with it open over the Corsa and CME tips on the dyno. Corsa is not restrictive at all even on a H/C car. I ran my Corsa with an ORY for awhile before going to my current catted Y. It was nice and deep throaty at idle, rasped from 2200-2800rpms, after that it was all music to the ears. WOT was unreal loud. Inside the car however it was amazingly quiet, no resonance and I did not think it was loud at all until I heard it from the outside with someone else driving by. I went with the catted Y to cut the noise down a little and make it more civil as it's my daily driver.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryan02SS
There should be soundclips you are looking for at LS1sounds.com. I have a QTEC in my I pipe before my Corsa muffler. Gained 4rwhp @ 5rwtq with it open over the Corsa and CME tips on the dyno. Corsa is not restrictive at all even on a H/C car. I ran my Corsa with an ORY for awhile before going to my current catted Y. It was nice and deep throaty at idle, rasped from 2200-2800rpms, after that it was all music to the ears. WOT was unreal loud. Inside the car however it was amazingly quiet, no resonance and I did not think it was loud at all until I heard it from the outside with someone else driving by. I went with the catted Y to cut the noise down a little and make it more civil as it's my daily driver.
I always forget how loud my car is until i have someone else drive it. And the sound at WOT
Old 01-11-2005, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

My car can be heard here

http://ls1sounds.com/corsa.htm

look for the series of 4 vids 02 WS6 Jet hot Lt's ORY w/ bullet in I pipe.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes my car is insanely loud at WOT, but you would never tell from within the car. I love my setup seeing that so little people run corsa. It's also the best looking IMO. I can't wait to see what it's going to sound like with the cutout and cam