Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mac mids or pacesetter lt's

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mac mids or pacesetter lt's

I know this question has been beaten to death, but i wanna buy new headers and I wanted to know from peoples personal experience which coated set of headers lasts longer. My car is a '00 SS and it is a daily driver, so I need something that will last. The setups are similar in price, and I'm not worried about losing bottom end power with the mids as long as they last longer. Keep in mind whatever headers I do buy will be COATED. I live in Florida so they will never see snow, and rarely see rain, but i plan to have them on for about 1-2 years. Need input from people on this cause i wanna order them in the next couple of weeks. Mac mids with ory, or pacesetter lt's with ory?? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The MAC's are good headers despite the rep they get here. I've owned both, and w/a little modding to the Mac's(ball flanges cut, 3" flanges installed, primaries worked)they made great power w/a T1/heads car(416/404).

Big Mike made killer power w/them.....

Now running PaceSetter's. Not sure of the gains over the Mac's, as I did a different H/C/short block combo at the same time...... both are decent pieces for the money. If you're coating them anyway, pricing being negligable, I say go LT's. Will help optimize any future mods.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

Pacesetters, no contest.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:37 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hrsepwraddict00
I know this question has been beaten to death, but i wanna buy new headers and I wanted to know from peoples personal experience which coated set of headers lasts longer. My car is a '00 SS and it is a daily driver, so I need something that will last. The setups are similar in price, and I'm not worried about losing bottom end power with the mids as long as they last longer. Keep in mind whatever headers I do buy will be COATED. I live in Florida so they will never see snow, and rarely see rain, but i plan to have them on for about 1-2 years. Need input from people on this cause i wanna order them in the next couple of weeks. Mac mids with ory, or pacesetter lt's with ory?? Thanks in advance.

What part of Florida rarely sees rain?

Pacessetters, coated, all the way (though MACs perform very well for a mid length). But the MACs uncoated look like *** after a year.
The Pacesetters are very good in quality and have great fitment now.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:34 PM
12 Second Club

I'd vote pacesetters. More power, look better, and don't have any clearance problems.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pacesetter's and that is a no brainer.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

southfl.02.ss, i meant that my car would rarely see rain. Ive lived here all my life and i know it pours, i just hate driving on wet roads because the car pulls alot and hydroplanes on uneven pavement. plus, there's no reason for me to drive in the rain anyways.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

Pacesetter's! I love mine, Have someone build a custom ORY with the flowmaster merge 2-3" into 3.5. excellent set up. If you live near the Broward area I know a guy that has built many of these ORY's cheep. The ORY that Pacesetter sell's does has some fitment issues but the headers are good..
Old 01-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

another vote for pacesetters, but like everyone says, don't get their ory. you should check out tsp's ory, with or without cats, or their new true dual system.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

although i've seen great numbers put down from others cars with macs, Id personally go with the long tubes, just because for around the same price you will net more hp even if its a little. every little bit helps, and for future plans it would bea wiser investment in the long run.

Good luck
Travis
Old 01-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

go with the pacesetters
Old 01-24-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the comments, im hoping to be installing them for my 16th birthday in the upcoming weeks, i'll keep you posted as to my final decision