Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp lid wont shut with filter tray.....ditch it???

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default slp lid wont shut with filter tray.....ditch it???

i have an slp lid, regular paper filter, and ftra kit. the lid wont shut with the filter tray in there. it doesnt seem to be a matter of the lid or the ftra, the filter tray just doesnt sit all the way in there. should i ditch the tray, as long as i can seal the air filter to the lid?? im getting a k&n filter soon so that will come with the adhesive seal to seal the filter to the lid. but is it ok to ditch the tray....cuz the lid shuts fine with just the filter in there?
Old 02-06-2005, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ditched mine along time ago, i just make sure everytime I latch it down that it is sealed properly. I am running a Airhog filter though and they are a little bigger. Mine seals fine without the filter tray.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah jaime, ditch it. i don't have mine either, holley filter and slp lid with ftra
Old 02-06-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my concern is that i dont have an adhesive seal yet. i wont have it til i get my k&n filter. then i will rest assure that nothing is getting past the filter. any other opinions?? thanks guys