Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UD Pulleys other than ASP

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default UD Pulleys other than ASP

Anyone have information about these pulleys?
The Speed Inc. looks damn It also appears to be lighter in weight.
I'd almost buy it based on the looks, but want to be sure there have been no problems.

SLP Pulley?

SLP Harmonic Balancer / Underdrive Pulley, 1998-02 LS-1 Camaro/Firebird
This new 25% underdrive balancer for LS1 F-Bodies incorporates a number of high-quality features you won't find on any other aftermarket unit. Chief among them are a pair of extra-tall belt-retention walls that eliminate the belt-slippage issues endemic to other LS1 balancers (see photo). Other unique design strengths include 100% steel construction (other brands use steel and aluminum), integral timing marks, and built-in puller-mounting threads. Includes a new balancer bolt and installation instructions. Sale Price: $219.95

Speed Inc. Pulley?

SFI Approved Underdrive Pulley
Available in both 10% and 25% underdrive forms this SFI approved pulley is a great way to free up some HP!

98-02 LS1 PAP198 LS1 10% underdrive LS1 crank pulley/balancer $189.99
98-02 LS1 PAP298 LS1 25% underdrive LS1 crank pulley/balancer $189.99
Old 02-17-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ASP is the way to go
Old 02-17-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I havent heard of anyone using the Speed Inc pulley, I havent seen it before. Many people use the SLP pulley. Most use the ASP pulley simply because it works. I love mine, no complaints.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fluiddamper Aluminum Damper

Has anyone tried the Fluiddamper Aluminum Dampers?

I have been using the March Fluid Damper 25% under drive pulley, but I have temp problems in the summer while idling/driving in traffic. I had no problems with the stock pulley. I just bought the Fluiddamper 10% under drive pulley and am going to try it. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried one?
Old 02-18-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Deeavi
Has anyone tried the Fluiddamper Aluminum Dampers?

I have been using the March Fluid Damper 25% under drive pulley, but I have temp problems in the summer while idling/driving in traffic. I had no problems with the stock pulley. I just bought the Fluiddamper 10% under drive pulley and am going to try it. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried one?
The real key is when you add your underdrive pulley you need to add some Redline Water Wetter at the same time. That's what I have done on every car I have added an underdrive pulley to, and never had a problem. It is cheap, and it really does lower your water temps...just don't expect a miracle. It's probably good for 10+ degrees F.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Id go with the ASP, its pretty hard to see the pulley, so does it matter what it looks like? I know some people go with March, but ASP has been proven to work with no downsides.