Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do? In a bit of a bind..

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What to do? In a bit of a bind..

Hey guys, I'm in the process of tearing my car apart, its a yearly thing I do every spring. One of the things I'm doing this year is replacing my rusting, flaking, poorly Jet-Hot coated Hooker LT's with stainless headers. Now here is my dilemma. I got a sweet deal on a set of Stainlessworks LT's at a great price in a group purchase from LS1 speed. However, they can't give me a date when my headers will be here, but I ***NEED*** them by the 2nd week in march. Unfortunately, they can't guarantee it, but its 3 weeks off, so they might come in. Today I found QTP headers on sale in the GP section, and while they aren't as awesomely priced as the Stainlessworks headers, I have heard they are a better header, but more importantly, theyre in stock and shipping either the same day or the next day. Honestly, I would rather stick with the stainlessworks headers, but at the same time I'm seriously screwed if they don't come in time for me to get my car back together. What would you guys do? Thanks! -Mike
Old 02-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd say go with the QTP units.. #1, you won't be screwed if the stainless works ones don't show... and the QTp are a better header. They do make more power, and the construction is superb. The differnece in $ may not be worth the power or the convenience alone, but together, I'd say it's worth it.