Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Steering Leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering Leak

So, today I went to do doughnuts, stand stills, you know the things you do before your about to get new tires. Then my power steering was leaking very bad. It dark out so I cant see were it's leaking from. Anyone have any idea?
When I add more fluid it works fine untile it all leaks out so i think its a hose or some thing like that.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well I had a leak in my power steering cooler, located in the upper coolant hose. It was leaking power steering fluid into the radiator. However, I believe the power steering coolers only came on the SS and WS6. Check it out, if you have one a part of your upper radiator hose will be aluminum with lines to the power steering pump.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

Mine Was The High Pressure Hose...you Can Do It Yourself And If I Was You I Would Because I Got Charged About $300 To Get It Put On..i Tried To Do It Myself Put Couldnt Get The ToP Screw Off...good Luck

Oh And Get It Fixed Soon Or You Will Be Buying An Alternator Too
Old 03-06-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TNC_LS1
Mine Was The High Pressure Hose...you Can Do It Yourself And If I Was You I Would Because I Got Charged About $300 To Get It Put On..i Tried To Do It Myself Put Couldnt Get The ToP Screw Off...good Luck

Oh And Get It Fixed Soon Or You Will Be Buying An Alternator Too
Exactly! I went through 2 alternators before finding out it was the pressure hose. You need a pully puller to remove the pully to remove the upper part of the hose.