Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutout Recut

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutout Recut

Well i had asked previously about the quality of the cutouts. When you look inside they look like crap and dont give you that big of an opening. Well I just wanted to bring up this thread to tell everyone that i sent the part to work with my dad and had him open it up some more. The opening from pipe to pipe is now equal to the welds. I will be getting the cutout on my car this week and im gonna take it down and dyno it.
My questions are:
1. Im gonna dyno open and closed, should i see a good difference in power with it opened? I have magnaflow cat-back and ive been told that it already flows great.
2. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can tell whether opening the cutout up more actually helped? I was thinking of buying another and switching them back and forth for dynos. But that seems like an *** load of work to test for a few extra hp's, if at all there will be any difference.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a lot of work and dyno $$ to determine if opening up the cutout helps. I honestly doubt you would gain more than a couple HP by doing that. As far as open vs. closed I think you will see anywhere from 5-10 HP with it open based on what mods you already have.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should know next week sometime. Gotta setup a date to get the dyno. When i do though, ill throw the numbers on this thread. I am hoping that i will be pleasantly surprised. Oh, i will also have a ported/polished TB for dyno day too. That may help a bit too.