Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

borla xr1

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question borla xr1

I have race pacesetter lt's a tsp uncatted y and a slp lm i want to fix the raspiness of the exhaust with a xr1 muffler but which one is the best? I saw in jegs that they have different sizes and styles.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search for something like "borlamouth", "dynomouth", etc. FWIW: You won't cure the rasp that way. It will be better, don't get me wrong, but it will still be there.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Part # 40085 is the one that you'll need.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
Do a search for something like "borlamouth", "dynomouth", etc. FWIW: You won't cure the rasp that way. It will be better, don't get me wrong, but it will still be there.

so whats the best way to get rid of the raspiness, lose the lm?
Old 04-09-2005, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

To get rid of all, or virtually all, of the rasp you need a good muffler, true duals with crossover, cat converters, etc. There are some mufflers that are pretty good at eliminating rasp, and many that are not. I think the SLP D/D is one of the better muffs for eliminating rasp. You can even try installing multiple bullet mufflers in different locations. Honestly I am not wholly knowledgeable on how to get rid of it wihtout drastic changes. I just sold my loudmouth and went with duals.

If you search around you can find what a lot of people have to say on the issue.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
To get rid of all, or virtually all, of the rasp you need a good muffler, true duals with crossover, cat converters, etc. There are some mufflers that are pretty good at eliminating rasp, and many that are not. I think the SLP D/D is one of the better muffs for eliminating rasp. You can even try installing multiple bullet mufflers in different locations. Honestly I am not wholly knowledgeable on how to get rid of it wihtout drastic changes. I just sold my loudmouth and went with duals.

If you search around you can find what a lot of people have to say on the issue.
i have a slp duel on left catback i might try it out.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

I think the SLP 2OTL (two on the left), what you have, might sound good. I know the only car I heard it on sounded sick.