Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mac Mids & True Duals inside please..

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mac Mids & True Duals inside please..

I just recently had my True duals installed with 12" bullets. I love them and will probably never go back to a catback but they sound like I have an exhaust leak. I have checked everywhere for leaks and found none. I don't know if this is common with Mac Mids or the bullets. My duals are 2.5" Hpipe. Thanks in advance..

Kevin
Old 05-10-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of people will tell you, you will get a louder tick after a header install. Maybe this is what your hearing. I know i have "the tick".
Old 05-10-2005, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I definitely have the "tick". I was told it was my valves or something to that degree that I was hearing. With the LT's and the relatively open exhaust, it supposedly magnifies the sound. I don't know if this is true or not, but I kinda like the sound.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's coming from the drivers side header then it's an exhaust leak caused by a bad weld in the collector. It took me over a year to track it down. If that's the problem you can try to call mac and talk to their customer "no service" to have them replace it. Good luck with that, I've tried. Your either going to have to live with it or get an exhaust shop to weld it for you.