Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tsp y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Temple, TX Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tsp y pipe

ive had soo many problems with my tsp y pipe i ended up taking it to my friend at midas whos done sooo many f body header installs and he couldnt even get it to fit right ....it hangs way too low and he said its just not even right at all ... did i just get a bad y pipe maybe ?? anyways i went ahead and ordered a hooker which i should have done in the first place but instead of spending a few extra bucks and goin with the hooker first im now out 300 dollars for one y pipe that will fit ,..... maybe im being harsh but ive had a bad week y pipe doesnt fit gf broke up with me last night ... thought i screwed up a header bolt hole ... i feel better now
Old 05-13-2005, 05:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your troubles! The ORY's usually have no problem. We've installed a ton of these in house and have really good results. It may take some more adjusting to get the proper fit that you are looking for but you should have plenty of clearance between both the ORY and the car as well as the ORY and the ground. Give me a call and I'd be happy to chat with you and get you taken care of. Again, I appologize for the inconvienence!

Jon
Old 05-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Mat
Launching!

My TSP Catted Y went on without a problem for the most part. There was some hammering involved with rubber hammers to get joints setup correctly and also align it to my factory WS6 exhausts I-Pipe but that was to be expected. We did another one right after that and it went on twice as good since we garned the tricks of the trade in the first install. The adjustability is awesome on these things but it can also make it a challenge to install at the same time if you don't give it a chance and just have patience.

I give these Y's a big thumbs up. They work great and install great. You just need to take some time to fiddle with them, use a rubber hammer and some patience. You'll get there.

Sorry to hear about the GF man.. there's lots more out there!
Old 05-14-2005, 05:02 AM
12 Second Club

i have the TSP catted y-pipe as well no problems.. but when i first tried to put it on it was all wrong but i relized i put it together wrong!!! so you mite wanna check that out... i love there y-pipe.. with the pacesetter lt and tsp catted y pipe i droped about .4 of my time
Old 05-14-2005, 12:03 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

At first it didnt fit for me, after some adjusting though it will fit. You just got to wrestle around with it a bit.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Mat
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
i have the TSP catted y-pipe as well no problems.. but when i first tried to put it on it was all wrong but i relized i put it together wrong!!! so you mite wanna check that out... i love there y-pipe.. with the pacesetter lt and tsp catted y pipe i droped about .4 of my time
Nice job! Did you do any tuning to your car after the headers? Mine smells like it's running pig rich right now..
Old 05-23-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have to get my catted Y expanded a bit cause its not fitting onto my headers
Old 05-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Mat
Launching!

We had to do some hammering using a block of wood to get everything on and situated right. It's a mighty tight slip-fit but it works well. No leaks so far. Make sure to use Torc-Tite or the like for clamps. The band clamps really hold things together nice and give it a polished appearance.