Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need new exhaust

Tomarrow I am getting a 2001 Trans Am WS6. And the first thing I wanna do to this baby is get it some ballzy exhaust. I was looking at some kooks header with a magnaflow cat-back and a maganflow catted-y. Now I do not know anything about these cars really, hence the reason I joined here to learn. But would that be a good setup? if not please send me some other ideas and some good sites to get this stiff from.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a good set up to me. Youll love it.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ozzykicks2002
Tomarrow I am getting a 2001 Trans Am WS6. And the first thing I wanna do to this baby is get it some ballzy exhaust. I was looking at some kooks header with a magnaflow cat-back and a maganflow catted-y. Now I do not know anything about these cars really, hence the reason I joined here to learn. But would that be a good setup? if not please send me some other ideas and some good sites to get this stiff from.
If you are going with long tube headers get an x-pipe and true duals dumped at the axle. This sounds awesome. I just ordered this setup for my z. Also, check out
ls1sounds.com to hear different setups.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just depends on the money. If you wanted too, you could buy pacesetters and a true dual kit from TSP and save some series money with a wicked sound.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

well...depends how deep your pockets are. true duals, over the axle (since you have a t/a and want to fill those exhaust cut outs on the rear bumper) would be optimal. but an awesome set up for not 1500 bucks (not counting headers) would be IMO a GMMG catback seen at www.gmmginc.net . that sucker sounds mean on its own. ORY (off road Y pipe), and headers, best would be Kooks (nice choice there). thats my dream setup right there if i dont do duals. if youre wanting to stay cheap do a hooker cat back, sounds good, and not obnoxious. an off road Y and hooker headers. but the first setup i mentioned (GMMG, kooks, and ORY) would be freakin sweet and sound amazing.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I really dont like GMMG because it cost so much money for something you could have a exhaust shop do for cheaper. But, everyone has there own thing.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Swang
well...depends how deep your pockets are. true duals, over the axle (since you have a t/a and want to fill those exhaust cut outs on the rear bumper) would be optimal. but an awesome set up for not 1500 bucks (not counting headers) would be IMO a GMMG catback seen at www.gmmginc.net . that sucker sounds mean on its own. ORY (off road Y pipe), and headers, best would be Kooks (nice choice there). thats my dream setup right there if i dont do duals. if youre wanting to stay cheap do a hooker cat back, sounds good, and not obnoxious. an off road Y and hooker headers. but the first setup i mentioned (GMMG, kooks, and ORY) would be freakin sweet and sound amazing.
Wouldnt trade my exhaust set up for nothing