Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no cats no o2's no egr.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no cats no o2's no egr.

The other day I installed some flowtech headers myself and then took my car up to my exhaust guy to do the rest of the system, I was going to leave the cats on and just run a dumped system, well the headers eliminated 2 of the 4 o2 sensors and the egr and well after we got to work on the car we realized that I was going to have to eliminate the remaining cat on the passenger side as well. He said he didn't want to do it because the car would run like **** but he said he would, Can this running like **** problem be programmed out or is it going to take a required amount of back pressure?
Old 05-26-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A ton of people including myself run lts and no cats. Also people, including myself, do not have rear o2s. You have to delete them from the computer or you will get a SES light. But you will be fine. You do need the front 2. W/o those... good luck....
Old 05-26-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSS
A ton of people including myself run lts and no cats. Also people, including myself, do not have rear o2s. You have to delete them from the computer or you will get a SES light. But you will be fine. You do need the front 2. W/o those... good luck....
Same here no egr, air, or cats. Runs great and cleaned up the engine bay a ton.