Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Guages

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Installing Guages

I just recieved my Cobalt Series guages from autometer and I love them!!! :yup:

i'll be trying to install them tonight, however i'm pretty clueless as to where to install the sensors...

I got:

A/F Ratio Guage
Water Temp Guage
Fuel Pressure Guage

The A/F Ratio Guage as i can see from the install instructions connects to the Oxygen Sensor, this is the front one by the Cat right?

The Water Temp Guage i have no clue where this one goes, it has a wiring harness and a sensor that looks as if it screws in somewhere on the engine...

The Fuel Pressure Guage also has a sensor that looks to screw in somewhere :think: my best guess is the fuel rails...

I'll be tackling this tonight to try and find out where they go after work, just hoping you guys had some suggestions...

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-02-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

A/F guage: I installed this one by tapping into purple/white wire in the little bundle directly infront of the drivers side head. You can also tap into the signal right at the PCM. I'm not sure what pin this one is though.

Water Temp: You're going to need the proper adapter. The best place for this one is using the plug in the block right above the starter. You have to remove the starter to get to this one. You can also install the adapter into the passenger side head. This one is alot harder to get to, since it's near the #8 plug.

Fuel pressure: Just install it right onto the end of the fuel rail. You'll need to remove the schrader valve and make sure you have the right adapter to make it work.

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
I just recieved my Cobalt Series guages from autometer and I love them!!! :yup:

i'll be trying to install them tonight, however i'm pretty clueless as to where to install the sensors...

I got:

A/F Ratio Guage
Water Temp Guage
Fuel Pressure Guage

The A/F Ratio Guage as i can see from the install instructions connects to the Oxygen Sensor, this is the front one by the Cat right?

The Water Temp Guage i have no clue where this one goes, it has a wiring harness and a sensor that looks as if it screws in somewhere on the engine...

The Fuel Pressure Guage also has a sensor that looks to screw in somewhere :think: my best guess is the fuel rails...

I'll be tackling this tonight to try and find out where they go after work, just hoping you guys had some suggestions...

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-03-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

ttt