Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTPs installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTPs installed!

Well today I got my car back from super tune after getting the headers installed. He claimed that the q-tec cutouts wouldnt line up with the q-tec y-pipe and didnt install them. I decided that to be a crock and installed them with the help of a good friend. The car still needs a bit of welding to be friendly as I didnt have a coupler to connect the 4" y-pipe to the 3" exhaust, so we are going to do that sometime early this week. Until then my car is open headers and wont be drivin very much. However I must say the headers fit VERY cleanly onto the bottom of the car, and the sound is simply unbelievable (although I am looking forward to toning it down by sealing up the pipe this week) and very rowdy being right beneath the seats. All in all im very pleased and I'll get pics up if anyone is interested in seeing yet another QTP final product.

p.s. if anyone has any advice on where to get the pipe and coupler I'd appreciate it, i've got a couple of muffler shops im going to try out.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice. i installed mine with the help from my uncle.