Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Problems... need part name

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV Problems... need part name

The hose that goes in the rear of my driver's side valve cover... What is that called. It is no longer sealing with the port on the valve cover because of removing it and putting it back on so much. Is that the PCV valve, and if not, what is it called? I have been burning oil lately, surging at idle, and have a hissing under the hood lately because of this, so I would love to correct it ASAP. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 06-04-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The part you are mentioning is listed as "PIPE, PCV VLV" for 99-02 ls1 part number 12562580

I tried searching @ gmparts direct and autozone, but nada for the part number. Are you sure you just cant use some rtv or a hose clamp to get it tightened down again?
Old 06-04-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimes
The part you are mentioning is listed as "PIPE, PCV VLV" for 99-02 ls1 part number 12562580

I tried searching @ gmparts direct and autozone, but nada for the part number. Are you sure you just cant use some rtv or a hose clamp to get it tightened down again?
Hose clamp what? It isn't sealing where the metal piece on the end of the hose goes into that robber gromet thing on the valve cover. I tried RTV and it just isn't working at all.