Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

junkin the stock exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default junkin the stock exhaust

alright, it's time for the stock exhaust system to go. ive been reading alot on here, and dont know what to do, everyone has a different opinion it seems like. I need headers, y-pipe and Cat Back. What should I go with. I have about $1,000 to spend on it all, so SLP is out of the question, as well as Kooks, so is anything else out there just as good. I see alotof you guys going with pacesetter coated headers, i can get them for $359 right now. I dont want to settle for something cheap and lose performance. but i also, want something that will sound very aggressive. I like the sound of SLP Loudmouth, but from what I hear, it just gets too loud with no cats, and LT's. Ive never heard it and on LS1 sound, you really cant get a feel for drone and how loud it actually is. SO, what do you guys think i should get, and what HP numbers should i See, it's a stock 98 T/a with a lid, and K&N, and a CAI on the way. Also, one last ?? how hard is it to hang all of this exhaust myself. can i do it, or is it better to pay someone else to do it. i have a warranty and dont want to void that. i know that exhaust will not void it, but i have to reconned the AIR system, how hard is that. Man that's a long post, but I need some advice, thanks you guys!