Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C driving me crazy

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy A/C driving me crazy

The A/C system is fully charged with freon, compressor engages, air flow from vents does not get cool? Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, Make sure you have enough Freon (the right way to do this is by hooking a gage up to your lowpressure side and with the ac on and the cluch pulled in on the AC compressor).

If the AC compressor clutch is not pulled in, continue. What I mean by that.. is the front of the ac pully turning when you have the car and ac on?

If it isn't...

Check your pressure switch on the reciever dryer (its on the low pressure side). If it is not "made" the compressor will not pull in. The easiest way to check it is to take an ohmmeter and pull the electrical connector off the pressure switch measure the resistance of the two pins on the switch. Commit that reading to memory.. then unscrew the pressure switch from the reciever dryer. Again take another reading on the two pins. IF you have enough Freon in the Reciever dryer the switch will be pulled in and you should read a "low ohms" value and when you remove and ohm the switch you should read a "high ohm" value. If this is not the case you probably have a bad low pressure switch. If you are getting good readings on your switch and the compressor clutch is not pulling in... repost and let me know what you find, and I will try to help you out on the next step.