Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok First mod to my SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 03:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok First mod to my SS

Ok, I am getting my first Mod this Friday and of course it will be a Lid with a K&N.

My debate is wether to get an MTI Carbon fiber lid, I liove the look, Or get a TSP 85mm Lid which is on a sale right now. If I get the TSP i will like to get a Z06 85mm MAF or the SLP one. TSP is running a sale on the Lid and the MAF for like $284 I believe.

Now, Will I see gains or will it be better to get the TSP one ???
Down the road im planning or I will like to get a Fast 90mm Intake and a Nick Willians 90mm TB.

Another thing, I mnew to the world of LS1s and I would really like to learn and install myself whatever I buy for my car. With that being said, Do I need anything else to install the TSP 85mm Lid ???? or does it slide in no problem??
Im asking because I know all the other lids are smaller in size.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lid is a good idea. It really doesn't matter which, hp wise. So go with looks. You really don't need a K&N filter. It won't net you any gains (hp or gas mileage), and if not cleaned correctly the oil can screw with your MAF. Speaking of which, don't even think of an aftermarket MAF. The stock MAF is good for 500+hp. I like my SLP Flo-Pac kit, and it showed on the dyno, once I added LTs. You might want to check out something similar to it.

And, most lids slide in, no problem
Old 09-01-2005, 07:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

The TSP is a good lid. I think GM High Tech did a comparison on them a while back. Another cheap mod that yields great results is a cutout. Like DD966 said don't buy an aftermarket MAF, put the money someplace else. Great bolts include headers & y pipe, pulley, and a shifter if the car is manual.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:36 AM
TECH Regular

I was impressed with a polished throttle body from Shaner here in Texas. Only about 8-10 rwhp, but feels much stronger due to throttle response. With the lid and bellows, the $150 goes a long way!