Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

x-pipe or y-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default x-pipe or y-pipe

alright im getting headers soon and i am looking at QTP, unless anyone states a good reason to go with KOOKS. but anyway what shall i go with as far as the back part goes? i was looking at the the texas speed x pipe, but my friend has the slp loudmouth and he claims the y setup is the way to go? some help would be appreciated. -dan
Old 09-21-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

x...better flow...period
not to mention SOUND
Old 09-21-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually, from dynos I have seen. here is the thing. I good 3" Y, i.e. flowmaster Y merge collector, into a GOOD straight though CB will make the same HP as a X, BUT a X will make more torque all thru the pwr band.

TQ is your friend on the street
Old 09-21-2005, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

Have the GMMG, in fact it was the first mod I did to my 02 along with subframes, but anyway have been holding off for a long time to get looong tubes and have decided on Kooks. Love the car the way it sounds now, very docile but can be awakened at WOT, but from what I hear Kooks and GMMG is a nice combo, and I need some more power. Decided on the catted Y with the LTs. Anyway from what I've read the Kooks Y is a better fit. Have the cash, but waiting until December or January to have it installed. Really wan't a stainless y too, wonder if the Kooks y is stainless.