Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about True Duals

I'm thinking of putting a 2 1/2 inch true dual setup on my 00 WS6. Is it worth it? or am i going to have to tune it for optimal results?? The reason I ask that is because there isn't much for tuning shops in my area. Also, considering the price difference I would either go true duals or just leave it stock.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Tds sound bad *** but it will be loud! I had them on my WS6 and took them off because they were too loud for my taste but maybe I am getting older. I actually thought the car felt faster with my lts ory and hooker cat back and did run .2 faster at the track but that could have been weather. Buy what you like but you want to hear them in person first, I went through several cb's before finally being happy.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:16 PM
Launching!

Default True Duals

00WS6blk,
I have 2 1/2 in. true duals on my Camaro SS with stock manifolds and stock cats. I picked up 5% rear wheel horsepower and torque. I have Magnaflow straight through, noise cancelling mufflers located on each side of the tub. The pipes exit from beneath the rear bumper in the stock location. My duals are not loud. About as loud as maybe a loudmouth but with that sweet, deep, rumbling sound of muscle car duals. With the pipes exiting out the rear, it is quite inside my car. Just like it was when it had the factory system on it. So I would say YES !! It is worth putting true duals on your car.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

i picked up .3 and 3 mph swapping from stock exhaust with 3" cutout to the basssani tru-duals. this is with stock manifolds and cats.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

No need for a tune, just do it!! Best thing I ever did!
Old 10-02-2005, 06:15 AM
On The Tree

I am using texas speed true duals. It is a beautiful sounding system, minus the ground clearance issues. Tuning should not be an issue with just an exhaust system. If you plan on making more modifications, you should consider tuning software; ie hptuners, efi-live.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Launching!

I have 3" true duals dumped before the axle with dynamax(?) mufflers... it's very loud... but it sounds badass... i have a lot of banging under the car though (really need to fix that) but maye with 2.5" it won't hit random **** under the car as much... I highly recommend it!
Old 10-02-2005, 08:31 AM
Launching!

You use the word optimal, so yes for optimal (max improvement) you will need a tune. Do you need it to drive and enjoy the car? NO. I have true duals with the Magnaflow 4" round body's and they were very tame for true duals. I would say it is no louder than any older muscle car with duals.

But I installed a cam about 2 weeks ago. Now the exhaust is about twice as loud as before. It still sounds badass. Has more of a big block sound now. Really deep, mellow popping tone with slight to moderate loads.

So if a cam is in the future, you may think on it some more before you make your decision. Good Luck.

Dave