Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Halltech TRAP (questions about year)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 05:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halltech TRAP (questions about year)

Do any of you guys know if the one listed for 2001-2004 will work on a 2000 vette? I can't find any listed for 1997-2000 among the dealers. Did they stop making them for that year? The only thing I see different with it is the fact that it is red. Does anyone know?
Old 11-09-2005, 05:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

well 01 was the change over year to the LS6 style intake, so this is probably the reason. Not sure if it matter that much though.

Might want to ask this question on one of the dedicated 'Corvette forums', use Google to find them.

BTW, I'd probably go for the Donaldson Blackwing. The filter is far superior as it uses a synthetic weave instead of cotton. It doesn't require oiling. Only cleaing once in a while, it even has an indicator to tell you when to do this. And will still flow as much air as any other out there.

Remember filtering, is the prime objective of an air filter.

You'll also probably see Vara-ram mentioned quite a bit. Personally I'd stay away from it. Yes it can produce some pretty results (no where near as good as Vara-ram claim) but the whole design is flawed and the filters are pretty useless at filtering.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, the Halltech flows a little more than the blackwing so that's why I'm going that route. I didn't think about the LS6 intake, but I have one on my car anyways so I guess I'm ok.

Quick Reply: Halltech TRAP (questions about year)