Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want opinion on TD muffling...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Want opinion on TD muffling...

Ok my set up id TD, kinda like the TSP Rumbler, but I bought an X pip and bullets from another Techy......Was vastly cheaper.....

I have had this set up on since August, I am having some problems....Mainly my wife....LMAO Saying it's to loud....But my mai problem is my X-pip hangs pretty low and scrapes if I am not carefull. And yeah my wife is right, my car is loud....I dont mind it, but I have come to realize that long road trips arent so pleasent, or wont be so pleasent.

what I am really wanting to know is if I cut the bullets out and replace it with like a magnoflow muffler and put it in it's place will that help quiet it down a hair? to more tolerable levels.

Yes I would like to keep it a TD set up, But X-pipe is scraping and bullet's are to loud...is this possible, and can anyone in the KY area help me out a bit...give me some insight or pointers? Thanks for your time....

Neil
Old 02-15-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've heard qtp long tubes, dynatech cats, tsp true duals dumped with magnaflow mufflers and they sounded great imo. Not too loud and not to quiet. Since i come home from work early in the morning i would like to have my exaust fairly quiet. When i heard that setup, i was sold. The only differences im gonna do is going over the axle.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would try the magnaflow mufflers, sweet thunders, or spiral-flows. We just installed TD's on a friends car with bullets and we did mine a while back with the spiral flows. Mine is a good deal quieter than his and has a better tone. I'm adding hi-flow cats to mine to quieten mine down because of the new cam.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I see 2 options.

1. Classic Chambered Exhaust Powersticks - these are very similar to the 60's chambered exhausts mufflers and sound totally awesome (same idea as GMMG use). They are also very compact because they just look like 3" tubing. They are very cheap and flow as well as any muffler out there. So no loss of power.

2. Another option which could be used on it's own or combined with the above chambered mufflers are bullett glass pack mufflers. There are many, such as the Borla XR1 but personally I like the look of the Magnaflow 4" diameter round muffler. Again it's top notch in terms of flow and I'm sure they sound good too.

However if I ever go for a custom setup it will be with Powerstick mufflers they are just the best tone and value for money I've seen. Let me know if you want a link to their website or simply use Google.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:45 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have twisters by Flo Pro. They are very quiet.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
I have twisters by Flo Pro. They are very quiet.
i love mine. they're pretty tame until you get on it. moroso spiral flos are also pretty much the same thing.
also, how are your turn downs pointing? if you put them at a 45 degree angle out, the interior resonance (sp) is greatly reduced.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Resident

Twisters.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Marc '99T/A
i love mine. they're pretty tame until you get on it. moroso spiral flos are also pretty much the same thing.
also, how are your turn downs pointing? if you put them at a 45 degree angle out, the interior resonance (sp) is greatly reduced.
I have my turn down pointed inward at a 45.....I really thank you guys for all the infor......as for a link please pm me the link....or links to point me in the right direction......Thanks again guys keep it coming....
Old 02-16-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

im going to be doing what theblurls1 did i spoke with him and he is really happy with the setup check it out

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/442348-tsp-true-duals-cats-under-axle-extension-pics-56k.html
Old 02-16-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

I forgot to ask, can you guys email me pics of your set ups so I knwo what I am looking at set up wise. Neil.Dunning@gmail.com ...Camaross305 thanks for the link, I watched the vids and I like the way it sounded, but I know it would sound better in person....But thanks again!!
Old 02-16-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

yup anytime
Old 02-16-2006, 06:49 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Click the link in my sig that says "TSP/Magnaflow Duals"

I had the same problem as you, and now it's all good
Old 02-17-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks man, that looks alright, but I think I really need to take my ride to a "GOOD" exhaust shop cause my set up scrapes alot....I have to have the X pip and stuff repositioned or go back to single exhauust......I would love to keep it TD's.

I love your set up Blur, it''s clean and clearance isnt a problem.....I just wish the guy that did mine was as good as yours.....Thanks again man......