Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Other than TR55's

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Other than TR55's

My 01 TA is on its second set of TR55's and I have a poor idle and stumble at idle ever since I decided to run these plugs. They are gapped at .055. I have all regular maintenance done.

I would like to hear some other alternatives to this plug, something still kinda cheap as I don't wanna drop $8 a plug. AC Delco? If so, what part number and any local automotive store carry them?

Also should I go with MSD 8.5 wires or some GM replacement wires? I want to replace my stockers. Does anybody know where to order GM replacement and what the part number is? I don't have time to search as I am at work.

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

If you plan extensively modding your car, then I suggest you spare no expense on the the plug and wires. It just depend s on what you want to do with your car IMO. The MSD 8.5's will make your car perform better in the long run if you want to keep modding your car.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mc01ta
My 01 TA is on its second set of TR55's and I have a poor idle and stumble at idle ever since I decided to run these plugs. They are gapped at .055. I have all regular maintenance done.

I would like to hear some other alternatives to this plug, something still kinda cheap as I don't wanna drop $8 a plug. AC Delco? If so, what part number and any local automotive store carry them?

Also should I go with MSD 8.5 wires or some GM replacement wires? I want to replace my stockers. Does anybody know where to order GM replacement and what the part number is? I don't have time to search as I am at work.

Thanks!
If you haven't replaced your wires that could very well be your problem and not the plugs. I would replace my wires first. If that doesn't help, replace the plugs again. If you are getting poor spark to the plugs because of bad wires, it will cause the plug to fail. IE, your plugs could be going bad because of your wires.

How many miles are on you plugs and wires?
Old 03-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Teching In

What is the estimated time to change plugs in an f-body v8 and i was planning on using the NGK irridium IX plugs. Has any one used these plugs and what kind of results did you get. Other reccomendations besides the irridiums? Thnx
Old 03-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Launching!

This happened the second you replaced the plugs? If not it could be the wires or coil packs. Everyone always raves about the NGK plug/MSD Wire combo on these forums, never heard of complaints.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

acdelco rapidfires on my car..runs like a champ
Old 03-08-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

Do some searching, people have complained. Yes only changed the NGK's once and before ran perfect. Wires are on fine, all other maintenance/trouble shooting have been done. Where can I buy the AC delco's cheap and what is the part number?