Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catted Y for pacesetter LT's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Catted Y for pacesetter LT's?

Anyone know where I can get a catted Y pipe that will work with pacesetter LT's? I want to stick with high flow cats when I do my LT's but the only thing I have found that includes LT's, cats and a Y is a jethot setup thats 920 bucks....

thanks for any help
Old 03-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/cate...MID=1&catid=45

they sell a complete pacesetter header/catted y-pipe combo for 700 bucks. if you want to buy the y-pipe separately for 350 bucks. it's not the pacesetter y-pipe, it's made by texas speed (pipe individually is found on page 2, TSP catted y-pipe). generally, the pacesetter y-pipe is junk. the one sold on these pages is of better quality. hope this helps.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

thats a pretty good deal...awesome. Also i saw that without cats the setup is only 500 bucks...

how much of a difference in performance will i get with offroad vs. catted....one of the reasons i want cats is cause of the sound. I currently have a loudmouth but when i do my LT's and y pipe I want to get a GMMG. I heard a TA with GMMG catback, longtubes and cats and it sounded so badass....thats what I want, lol
Old 03-07-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man If you havent heard lts/catted-y/lm you might want to try that first and if you dont like it then sell the lm and get the gmmg, but im telling you I have that setup right now and it sounds sick IMO. GMMG is badass but you could get an entire cam kit (cam/springs/pushrods) for the price of the GMMG.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Man If you havent heard lts/catted-y/lm you might want to try that first and if you dont like it then sell the lm and get the gmmg, but im telling you I have that setup right now and it sounds sick IMO. GMMG is badass but you could get an entire cam kit (cam/springs/pushrods) for the price of the GMMG.
i have heard the loudmouth with O/R y pipe and I dont like it but if the LM sounds good with cats then I will definitely get the catted Y and LT's....

btw, I already have a cam...lol, just waiting on the springs and retainers before i can install it
Old 03-07-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Regular

i heard a couple LM clips on ls1sounds with cats and LT's and I liked it but I guess i will see how it sounds in person. I will go with the catted Y and pacesetter LT's and see how it sounds, if I dont like it I will just get a muffler or a new catback.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mulletwearingtadrive
how much of a difference in performance will i get with offroad vs. catted....one of the reasons i want cats is cause of the sound.
unnoticable. the TSP y-pipe, i believe, comes with carsound/magnaflow high flow cats welded on which support up to something like 600hp, whatever the number, it's more than you'll be making, probably ever. the 2-3hp you lose with a catted y, IMO, is completely worth having an exhaust that doesn't sound like garbage. f-bodies sound horrible with an ORY and i dont understand why anyone goes with an ORY over a catted-y. i mean seriously, what is the reasoning behind it? the 2 hp you gain or the $200 bucks you save by going ORY? honestly, these f-bodies are expensive to buy, get low-mediocre gas mileage, are a pain in the *** and expensive to fix...will $200 and 2 hp really make up for a poorly sounding car? bah, don't get me started.

get the catted y-pipe. you won't notice a difference and you'll be much happier with the sound.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:56 AM
TECH Regular

thanks man....i think i am definitely going with cats. i know some guys with the offroad and i just dont like the sound that much...

although i do plan on seeing close to 600 hp by this time next year, LOL....
Old 03-08-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mulletwearingtadrive
i heard a couple LM clips on ls1sounds with cats and LT's and I liked it but I guess i will see how it sounds in person. I will go with the catted Y and pacesetter LT's and see how it sounds, if I dont like it I will just get a muffler or a new catback.
Yea man thats what i would suggest. I was going to sell my LM when i got my mac mids and catted y-pipe but fell in love with the sound. It sounds almost the same as it does on stock manifolds, just slightly louder. Plus it turns heads wherever I go and since the resonator on the LM is pretty much a hollow pipe it flows better than any other catback out there. If you dont like it though then go ahead and sell it and get the gmmg, or buy a stainless works chambered bullet muffler and place it in the I-pipe to replace the LM resonator.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Hows the clearance of the headers? Im thinking of getting a set of pacesetters, the custom headers I have now hang low, unless there is a way to get a custom y pipe done to correct hat problem
Old 03-08-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have pics of the Pacesetter/TSP catted Y/LM combo on my site. I like the way it sounds. I is LLLLLLOOOOUUUUDDD though, so be prepared! I didnt really think it was much louder at first, and inside the car it isnt really. I swaped cars with a buddy one night and WHOA! Mine sounded like a monster from behind!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
unnoticable. the TSP y-pipe, i believe, comes with carsound/magnaflow high flow cats welded on which support up to something like 600hp, whatever the number, it's more than you'll be making, probably ever. the 2-3hp you lose with a catted y, IMO, is completely worth having an exhaust that doesn't sound like garbage. f-bodies sound horrible with an ORY and i dont understand why anyone goes with an ORY over a catted-y. i mean seriously, what is the reasoning behind it? the 2 hp you gain or the $200 bucks you save by going ORY? honestly, these f-bodies are expensive to buy, get low-mediocre gas mileage, are a pain in the *** and expensive to fix...will $200 and 2 hp really make up for a poorly sounding car? bah, don't get me started.

get the catted y-pipe. you won't notice a difference and you'll be much happier with the sound.

HOLY CRAP I been wanting to say that for like forever......Plus call me weird, but i also like to keep my **** somewhat environmentally friendly. AND YES almost EVERY exhaust system for F-bodies were designed with cats in mind