Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bullet Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bullet Mufflers

I have the Loudmouth in my car with longtubes and cats. That was ok for me but I just did a cam swap and it is annoyingly loud in the car will a bullet quiet it down a lot? And what size bullet should I get the 16 in or the 23 in I assume the 23 will make it even quieter.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Straight thru bullet mufflers should alter the sound but will probably only have minimal affect on db level. Different mufflers will have slightly different affects.

Borla, Dynomax, Magnaflow and many others all make bullet mufflers.

Best bet is crawl under your car and measure how much room you have under there as you don't want the muffler limiting ground clearance, hitting the underside of the car or the propshaft.

A different catback might be an easier option though. If one bullett muffler doesn't acheive the desired db level then you could add a small muffler just before each tip. Borla offer 6" long race mufflers and I think Flowmaster 10 Series can also be bought in that size.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used to have headers and the loudmouth without cats a long time ago and did not like the sound either, put on the longer bullet muffler and it helped a little, but i eventually switched because it just didnt sound good