Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Longtube headers and catted y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Longtube headers and catted y pipe

I want to know if you can run longtube headers and catted y pipe for a 97 lt1. You can run no egr and air and still have cats correct. I know someone who said they can dyno tune the computer or delete the air and egr from memory. Here they smog every year, but no visual inspection of cat on an obd car.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah im sure someone makes it if im correct you only have 1 cat so you can just but LT's and a ORY pipe then bolt a cat up, b/c of where you cat is its easier to do on a LT1 then a LS1 and still remain 100% smog legal and Yea pretty much any programmer could delete the codes for the EGR and AIR
Old 03-19-2006, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

97 up have two cats. I think I might try the off road set up first, run it through the magnaflow muffler see how it sounds. Definitely NO CUTOUT, that will surely get me in deep doo doo. Post up guys and give your input
Old 03-19-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

if it's an OBD ll test I do anything you want to; As long as you don't have over 2 not ready codes during the emmissions test then u pass. Go for the LTs