Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Firehawk exhaust and headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Firehawk exhaust and headers

I am so torn, like many, about which mod to go with. I purchased a set of Dynatech Supermaxx headers and can't decide if I should stay with the SLP Hawk set up or get a Magnaflow.

Think the LTs will make the Hawk exhaust louder but not as loud as the Mag? Opinions on HP differences between the SLP and Mag cat-back?
Old 05-09-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The power differences between the two will be minimal. The SLP DD is about as quiet as they come, and the Magnaflow will be a little louder and deeper. I'd just stick with the SLP and see how you like it. You can always change the muffler out later.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What ^^ said. I needed a quiet exhaust at the time so I kept the Dual/Dual on. It is barely louder than stock. Sounds great @WOT. But I like a louder more aggressive setup so I gave TSP a call.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep the slp exhaust on. magnaflow isnt all too quiet when you have an off raod pipe and headers.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you're gaining minimal sound, barely any power and magnaflow looks uglier coming out the back. i can hardly justify spending $400+ for a new setup unless you went with something completely different like GMMG or true duals. anything else would be a waste IMO. then again, it's your car, so do whatever makes you happy in the long run.