Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignition coil connector

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ignition coil connector

While trying to install my fuel rail covers, the instruction states to remove/loosen the ignition coil connector clip. Well, while doing that I broke the back of the connector and I popped the clip off and into the other side of the engine bay. I called the dealership and they told me to replace the clip I have to purchase the whole coil mounting bracket for 92 dollars and 38 for the connector. Will it be ok not to use the clip and just let the connector rattle around? Is there a less expensive way to fix the connector and hold it in place besides using a ziptie?

Thank you,
Chris
Old 05-31-2006, 11:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's wrong with using a ziptie?? Very inexpensive, does the job and doesn't look that bad, not to mention all the fine colors available or you could spend a bunch of money with the stealership....seems like an easy decison to make.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:25 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got more zipties than I'd care to divulge. In fact, it's probably got more zipties than metal fasteners.

I broke a clip off of one plugs that connects to a SINGLE coil pack, it's been ziptied for like 2 years.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
I've got more zipties than I'd care to divulge. In fact, it's probably got more zipties than metal fasteners.

I broke a clip off of one plugs that connects to a SINGLE coil pack, it's been ziptied for like 2 years.
The Ziptie hasn't melted yet? I don't need to buy metal versions since it is on the engine?
Old 06-01-2006, 11:20 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by prince xizor
The Ziptie hasn't melted yet? I don't need to buy metal versions since it is on the engine?
The engine only gets to a little over 200* (coolant temp), that's not very hot at all. If it was on the header, it would get hotter, but you don't need to worry.