Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP powerflow

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP powerflow

i have a hooker catback right know and am thinking about switching to the slp dual-dual, but have some questions. i know that catback flows awesome, i plan on running longtubes with ory and a cam one day, infact headers real soon. I know that this will be queit which is what i am looking for and once there is longtubes on there that the catback will really sound good. i am looking for a deep muscle car town, hooker is nice the real question is will the hooker catback be louder or will the powerflow be louder
Old 06-05-2006, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camarossman88
i have a hooker catback right know and am thinking about switching to the slp dual-dual, but have some questions. i know that catback flows awesome, i plan on running longtubes with ory and a cam one day, infact headers real soon. I know that this will be queit which is what i am looking for and once there is longtubes on there that the catback will really sound good. i am looking for a deep muscle car town, hooker is nice the real question is will the hooker catback be louder or will the powerflow be louder
I'd like to move there myself

I think most people will say that the Hooker will always be louder than the dual dual
Old 06-05-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Hooker is indeed louder. I'm currently running Dual/Dual (or Powerflo, whatever it is) with LTs and ORY and it's really tame. At cruise with the RPMs between 1000-1600, you can easily hold a conversation.

The videos I saw of it really don't sound how it does in real life. Certain RPMs and sounds that it gives are very Mustang-like. Just has that certain tone sometimes. I've grown to like it. It's very deep and is a good combination of loud at WOT/quiet driving for a daily driver.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Banned

dont get rid of ur hooker, ull like the way it sounds with ORY
Old 06-11-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

FYI the dual/dual has been discontinued - i haven't found one sponsor that has one in stock either....looking to put one on my car
Old 06-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Hooker is indeed louder. I'm currently running Dual/Dual (or Powerflo, whatever it is) with LTs and ORY and it's really tame. At cruise with the RPMs between 1000-1600, you can easily hold a conversation.

The videos I saw of it really don't sound how it does in real life. Certain RPMs and sounds that it gives are very Mustang-like. Just has that certain tone sometimes. I've grown to like it. It's very deep and is a good combination of loud at WOT/quiet driving for a daily driver.
yup yup. from the interior, my car sounds nearly exactly like a 5.0 Mustang GT from 2500-3000 rpms. over 3000 rpms it totally screams, enough to scare any mustang, and that's all on stock manifolds. if you like the sound of mustangs, this exhaust belongs on your f-body. that's why it'll never leave mine once i get headers, i just plan on adding a cutout for when i wanna be loud.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iamsickofitall
FYI the dual/dual has been discontinued - i haven't found one sponsor that has one in stock either....looking to put one on my car
what the hell? when? i just looked on SLP's website and it's gone...they had it on there last week! argh!

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...8f5f1bb181a4e3

i found it here after researching. better buy it soon before it's gone? when did they discontinue it?
Old 07-13-2008, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

i'm not sure when they discontinued it, but they did come out with another exhaust for f bodies called the slp powerflow that hit the market july 1 [URL="http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=31083"] the video sounds nice, but i havent heard one in person.