Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock LT's are Here.. w00t

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock LT's are Here.. w00t

First off thanks to Byunspeed, I was in a rush to place my order(On lunch break) and even though they weren't in stock he pulled though and they arrived today.(Order placed Monday 5th around noon). I have to say the headers look awsome. The welds look great, nice thick flanges. I have to say i was surprised with all the extras it came with. o2 Extensions,Air/egr block off plates, header gaskets. I decided to go with their race y-pipe, but have yet to test fit it to the headers.(Will do that tonight) All in all i'm very happy with my purchase.

I plan on using the stock catback exhaust with my DMH e-cutout. I'm debating either the MS3 or the New MS4(Guess i won't be seeing any graphs till the 12th). I hope the stock catback muffles the exhaust note, but i'll still be able to have it loud when i want it to be.

Anyhow i'd post pics but i know you guys have seen tons of them by now so unless you want them i'll hold off. I hope to test fit the exhaust this weekend then have the E-cutout welded on the y-pipe.. i'll let ya know how it goes..
Old 06-10-2006, 12:58 AM
11 Second Club

WEll congrats, mine where ordered over 6 weeks ago, Y pipe is still on "backorder"
Old 06-10-2006, 01:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL I'm the opposite I've had a Ypipe in my garage for six weeks and no headers!!!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where are the pics?
Old 06-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Teching In

it took soooo long to get the headers from them!
Old 06-10-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If anyone is looking for a brand new Y-pipe, I have one still in the box that I'm wanting to get rid of. How does 70 plus shipping sound? Send me a PM! This is the Edlebrock Y-pipe.

Thanks!
Adrian
Old 06-10-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Where are the pics?
Took some quick ones today.. let me know if anyone wants to see something specific.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Update:Lt's are now installed. Haven't tightened the bolts to spec yet or use a gasket, as i might need to move them when i do the cam/springs. It fits really well. They are not hitting on the K-member, however i did have to remove a portion on that little piece of metal on the block. (From the cast) Both the passinger and Drivers side went in from the bottom. (It's possible from the top but it just seemed easier from the bottom.)The Race Y-pipe just fits over the collectors. Everything is nice and tight. They don't seem to hang to low but i won't be able to tell untill the car is off the stands. Start to finish about five hours(With 30mins lunch and removal of the Air system). After hearing horror stories about such LT's as SLP i'm glad these went in so easily.

BTW- If i can install LT's i think anyone can. I went from someone who would only change my own oil,(Heck last spring i even had someone else replace my rocker arms cause i didn't want to touch the motor) to installing some LT headers ,and i have more stuff to install on the way.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Might want to have an exhaust shop weld up the system when you're done putting it together. Mine leaks where the the collectors meet the y, as well as where the collectors meet the headers as mine are slip fit but you obviously will not have that problem.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
Might want to have an exhaust shop weld up the system when you're done putting it together. Mine leaks where the the collectors meet the y, as well as where the collectors meet the headers as mine are slip fit but you obviously will not have that problem.
Thats why i wanted to avoid the Slip on. I'll only weld the y-pipe if i get an exhaust leak, but the collectors fit so tightly into the y-pipe i don't think i'll need to do that.. I guess only time will tell...
Old 06-11-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mssingkid
but the collectors fit so tightly into the y-pipe i don't think i'll need to do that.. I guess only time will tell...
So did mine when they were first on. Hopefully you have a bit better luck.