Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery relocation kits

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 09:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery relocation kits

They have these on ebay for 50 bucks or so my question is is this a good mod worth doing?Any one do this and notice a difference and what does a battery weigh 44lbs?
Old 06-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Teching In

A lot of people relocate the battery in road racing cars to shift more weight to the rear, thus balancing the F/R ratio a little bit... Personally, I think its a pain in the *** and a waste of time unless you are going CRAZY in modding and weight saving.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very helpful for drag racers as it takes weight off the nose of the car, and puts it over the rear wheels. Both help with traction and planting the rear wheels.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

So good for road racing and drag racing starting to sound like a good mod I wont do it myself I will get a auto sparky for that one. But if you do this and SD eliminating maf,a arms,kmember, electric water pump and a carbon fibre hood if you could get one should save you about 145lbs from the front of your car plus in my case because I have a 99 a egr and air pump delete would save me another 10lb or so.