Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 quick and easy questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 quick and easy questions

1 Is it necessary to drain the coolant when taking the Throttle body off to be ported.
2 When pulling the fuel rail off to do an LS6 swap do you have to remove the fuel injectors or can you just carefully install the fuel rail on the LS6 manifold with the injectors still attached.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

1. Not really. You'll only see a small amount of coolant escape. Just be sure to follow proper procedure when re-installing. You want to make sure the air bleeds out of the system.

2. I've removed rails on other cars with the injectors attached, however you might want to think twice about doing that since you open yourself up to potentially breaking an injector.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:09 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. What technical said + you might as well take some 3/8" fuel line and connect that coolant tube connecting the heads and run it to the radiator below the cap. This is the cheapest way to do the TB bypass mod.

You can also yank those tubes out of the throttle body, and I do mean YANK. They are pressed in, so you'll need to twist/pull/curse to get them out but they will come out I promise.

2. I always pull my manifold with the rails/injectors still installed. Then I un-bolt the rails, pull the rails and the injectors out all at the same time, and put them in the new setup. I like to clean the o-rings around the injectors and spray some lube (WD 40 or so) on them so they slide into the new manifold easily w/out getting hung up.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Ok thanks for the responses. I think Im gonna pull my throttle body off and send it to New Era to get ported and go ahead and order a LS6 intake manifold. Im doing my Pacesetters LT install July 4th weekend and il probably do the LS6 the same day and hope my throttle body is back by then. hopefully see about 40 more rwhp.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:33 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SRpwred240
Ok thanks for the responses. I think Im gonna pull my throttle body off and send it to New Era to get ported and go ahead and order a LS6 intake manifold. Im doing my Pacesetters LT install July 4th weekend and il probably do the LS6 the same day and hope my throttle body is back by then. hopefully see about 40 more rwhp.
40rwhp is no problem with that stuff, I wouldn't be suprised if you ended up with more. It'll scream over 4000rpms when you get it back together.