Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want more, but stay stock as possible

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want more, but stay stock as possible

I have a 98Z A4. Of course when it comes to speed and power, more is better. Yet I do not want to get too far from stock, just in case I want to sell it at Barrett-Jackson in twenty years. So far, I have a K&N FIPK, Hypertech tune, Magnaflow (Muffler only). MSD 8.5 mm SC wires and putting in Bosch Platinum 2 plugs (When I build up the courage to tackle #8! I also want to replace the Y-pipe, not sure about the headers, the stock manifold doesn't look that restrictive? My best 1/4 run is 13.7 @ 102. I would be pleased with a 13.2. What do you think?
Old 07-17-2006, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just keep all of your stock crap and switch it back if you decide to sell it
Old 07-18-2006, 12:02 AM
TECH Regular

Well if you are trying to keep the car really nice then I would put a pair of stainless headers in (they will look a lot better than manifolds and you wouldnt have to worry about rust issues) mated up to a ORY. If you want to take your exhaust even a step further you could go with a real nice catback such as GMMG as opposed to a welded in muffler. With that alone you will feel a big sotp difference and shave a few tenths off your quarter time. Also a different intake manifold (aka LS6) would not be noticable in terms of selling it but yield good gains. Lastly if I were you I would do some suspension stuff. Power is useless if you cant transfer it to the ground...little things like LCA's, SFC's, STB, and maybe a different TA will make drastic traction/handling/stability differences and those powdercoated accents under the car look nice (I realize most people dont see underneath but when they do it looks purty). Thats just my .02...
Old 07-18-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
Just keep all of your stock crap and switch it back if you decide to sell it