Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Headers installed (sort of)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pacesetter Headers installed (sort of)

Install was fairly easy, compared to the V6 I did. The passenger side looked scary, but wasnt once you got into it. I ran into 2 problems. I broke a header bolt. Have yet to correct it, getting ready to go survey the damage. Other thing, the pacesetter o2 bung is almost unusable. There is a huge weld stub inside of it, on some of the threading. I dont know how im going to fix that. I emailed where I got the headers from and im gonna see what they say.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:48 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

damn...broken header bolt. I almost did that myself, thank god I was able to crank the bolt out of there in one piece.

Thats shitty about the bung...I would definitely get in contact with them and see what they can do about that.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

How did you break the header bolt if you dont mind me asking? How many miles are on your car? Ive got 60k on my car and the header bolts came out like butter.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

header bolt came out easy. It was flush but just getting my finger on it was enough to turn it. They where the new bolts that broke. I dont know how I managed to break the head off. I wasnt even doing the final torqueing, and it was with an open ended wrench. Here is a pic of then bung:
http://share.undergroundtopics.com/v...g=h2nsaczn.jpg

Ive tried threading it, but the tap wasnt strong enough. Im gonna try attacking it through the collector next. The car is also getting a clutch and new battery wires right now so im not in any rush the car.

Side note: any local retailer sell bandclamps? I tried autozone with no luck, they only had the cheap clamps that came with the headers. I dont want to crimp the pipe bad, and need the bands for clearance issues.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Napa has them
Old 08-15-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet thanks