Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This weekend = Cutout & !EGR/!AIR

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This weekend = Cutout & !EGR/!AIR

I went to 5 exhaust shops on Saturday before I found one that would weld in my cutout. All but one of the shops were closed because I was being lazy and didn't get out of the house soon enough. The 6th shop across town welded it up for me so I was pretty happy. I also changed out my dino oil for Mobile 1 synthetic that night. I did order a Shaner S3 Thottlebody as well that I am eagerly awaiting to come in.

I just got done deleting my Egr and Air stuff so besides a cleaner, roomier engine bay, maybe the exhaust note will sound a little "cleaner" now.

I don't have much left to do for now besides plugs and a fuel filter when I get around to it. The next major project will be a set of LT Pacesetters and probably an ORY or maybe even dual exhaust in the near future....hopefully.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

niiiiiiice.. ..word of advice----get them headers and ory as soon a possible...with the cutout you will be the cops main man.. ...[only bad thing about it] just noticed you are in OK...are you near ELK CITY by any chance..????
Old 09-04-2006, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
niiiiiiice.. ..word of advice----get them headers and ory as soon a possible...with the cutout you will be the cops main man.. ...[only bad thing about it] just noticed you are in OK...are you near ELK CITY by any chance..????
Yeah, I'm sure the cops do and will love me I'm about 115 miles east of Elk City.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Dyosis
Yeah, I'm sure the cops do and will love me I'm about 115 miles east of Elk City.
was there for a nite during Power Tour 2000...and passed through in 2001...nice flat roads you got there.. .....had a good time .. you must be on the outskirts of OK CITY I guess..??
Old 09-04-2006, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
was there for a nite during Power Tour 2000...and passed through in 2001...nice flat roads you got there.. .....had a good time .. you must be on the outskirts of OK CITY I guess..??
Our roads suck here The best roads here are the turnpikes Yeah, I'm just east of OKC. BTW, kinda off topic, but did you notice a difference going from 3.42's to 3.73's? I've been debating getting gears but most of the racing going on is usually on the interstate due to city streets always being busy, so I don't want to loose much of my topend(ex. 4.10's).
Old 09-04-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

tried 410's--might as well have a 5-speed.1st is useless in my car...-didn't like them..373 is a good middle gear....when i get a different rearend i will probably go really big though...456 or whatever ...FOR THE FUN....saving money for tires as we speak....I have the last run of DETROIT TRUE-TRAC's for the shitty 10 bolt also---got it in 2000/late ...they stopped building them shortly after...works great--VERY QUIET for the amount of KM'S/Miles on them[60,000 mi]or so..