Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cable Throttle body off 6.0 truck/SUV fits Fbody LS1/LS6 manifold??"80mm vs. 75mm"??

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 02:31 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cable Throttle body off 6.0 truck/SUV fits Fbody LS1/LS6 manifold??"80mm vs. 75mm"??

ok so i saw in my LS1/LS6 engine specific book that a few mods "pple do" on an LS1 fbody is to upgrade the LS6 intake bla bla bla...and also saw that pple swap the Truck/SUV cable throttle bodies which were bigger than stock and still would be able to bolt on to a LS1/LS6 intake manifold...
Anyone heard/done this...because i was thinking if i can get my hands on one...and port/polish it, or send it to shaner or bo white....then i would have a pretty badass (and big) throttle body for a relatively cheap price....im bored and thinking about small mods so lemme know if you know anything. THANKS in Advance!!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 02:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just do it yourself....sometimes the tbs wont match up anyways....port your own deal i dont know if bo even does them anymore for the public
Old 09-27-2006, 05:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah I've heard of this book before. And IMO this mod it pretty pointless.

Because sadly it won't be a big bad *** TB. The Ls6 intake only has a 75mm opening, so having an 80mm TB will not imporve things by any noticable amount. Not for the cost/hassle unless you have got the TB for free.

For a better approach, simply port your own stock TB. This will imrove flow and should see gains of around 5-8rwhp. And is completly free if you do it yourself.

The other option is to send your intake manifold to TPIS, they will enlarge the opening to 90mm. You would then need a 90mm TB also, so it's quite a pricey option.

Quick Reply: Cable Throttle body off 6.0 truck/SUV fits Fbody LS1/LS6 manifold??"80mm vs. 75mm"??