Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom Y with merge collector or complete piece

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom Y with merge collector or complete piece

Any advantage to having a shop create a Y pipe around a piece like this? The picture is a magnaflow but I know flowmaster makes this as well. Thoughts were Pacesetters, a y and cats to my stock muffler. Would it just be 10x simpler to just get a tsp y? Oh and quick question, is the collector on the end of the pacesetter a 3" diameter?

Old 10-24-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
Any advantage to having a shop create a Y pipe around a piece like this? The picture is a magnaflow but I know flowmaster makes this as well. Thoughts were Pacesetters, a y and cats to my stock muffler. Would it just be 10x simpler to just get a tsp y? Oh and quick question, is the collector on the end of the pacesetter a 3" diameter?

I think a custom y pipe with cats built into it and a nice custom merge will be a better option IMO. TSP y-pipes are cheap and the quality shows it.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

I have that exact merge collector. Works fine with my setup. No real advantage of one over another. But a merge will be better than just joining two pipes.