Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my dynomouth is too loud on my blown 408

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 08:11 AM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my dynomouth is too loud on my blown 408

i have LT's, ory, and a dyno mouth exhaust setup and its just too loud to drive in town..... the d1sc makes it soo much louder it needs to be quiet...

i dont car how restrictive catback i get because ill have dual QTEC at the headers....

i want something with no rasp and a smooth rev..... remember i dont car how restrictive it is... it just needs to be QUIET and no RASP

and no i will not put CATS back on.

Thanks,

Tyler
Old 11-26-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The quietest catbacks out there are hooker, magnaflow and the queitest slp dual/dual.

Anther fix would be sending me your 408 , that seems to be the problem
Old 11-26-2006, 12:50 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SLP dual/dual is what you need. I have it, along with a cutout in my 4" I-pipe. I was looking for silent with no power loss too, which is exactly what I got. Dual/dual is no longer made though, so you'll have to find a used one.

You will be suprised at how well the dual/dual flows. I ran mine back to back at the track and gained no MPH with the cutout open or closed. My car ran 12.1@114.5 both times. You would probably see some power increase considering how much more power you're making though.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
i have LT's, ory, and a dyno mouth exhaust setup and its just too loud to drive in town..... the d1sc makes it soo much louder it needs to be quiet...

i dont car how restrictive catback i get because ill have dual QTEC at the headers....

i want something with no rasp and a smooth rev..... remember i dont car how restrictive it is... it just needs to be QUIET and no RASP

and no i will not put CATS back on.

Thanks,

Tyler
I attached a dynomax bullet on the end of my y pipe. The sound is good and no rasp.