Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need power steering line part#!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need power steering line part#!!

I accidentally melted a hole in my power steering line with the battery cable that runs to the alternator (This is on my 1999 Firehawk). The cable melted a tiny hole in the metal line that runs from the gearbox to the radiator coolant hose.

I got these part #'s, but after talking with the local dealers' parts department I don't think these are the right hoses.

1999 Firebird
Power Steering Line/Hose
P/S Pressure Hose ..... 26075068 ..... $100.63
P/S Return Hose ..... 26048589 ..... $17.77

I need the line that is metal then is mated to a rubber hose which then attaches to the radiator hose. The radiator hose has a big aluminum section in the middle of it where the rubber power steering hose clamps to.

If you could please help me find the part number for it I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Old 01-02-2007, 02:47 AM
Staging Lane

does anyone know this? I'm heading down to the dealership tomorrow to see if I can find out the part number.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ha, thats funny because i did the exact same thing when i jacked up the motor to put my headers in. The part is like $90+ what i did was get some jb weld and used a q tip to shove into the inside of the hose so that way the jb weld would not clog anything then i used a utility knife to scar the area arround so the weld had something to hold to and just made sure i used a good ammount all the way arround and nice and thick and covered a good portion so it would hold. Let it dry overnight and put it back on. I have had it on for a couple thousand miles now and it holding like a charm, no leaks or anything. Good luck
Old 01-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Staging Lane

I think I will try JB welding it. I would hate for it to not hold one day and have power steering fluid spray everywhere, so I will probably buy the hose anyways.

Do you know the part number?
Old 01-02-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The part that you melted a hole in is a return line and it is not high pressure so the jb weld will work fine. Or you could just cut the metal and hose and splice togeather with a hose clamp. Because this line is a return line it will be fine. But if you have the money then i would replace it. I did not have the spare money so i went the cheap route. Good luck