Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Homemade ram air thread!ANybody fab up anything new?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 08:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New Homemade ram air thread!ANybody fab up anything new?

Okay before anybody goes to the use the search button thread. I have been keeping up with these thread from Sux2bu to FastZ. I just wanted to know if anyone has made one of these systems for a Camaro without cutting the bumping supports etc. I would like to know this before i order a new cold air system or even worst start tearing my car apart Thanks
Old 01-05-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember a while back Mr_President (then known as TondSS) was selling a ram air setup similar to the Sux2bu setup and claimed that it would fit without any modification to the supports. Contact him and see if he can give you any input.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to make mine without cutting anything but i just couldnt do it and still have as large of tubing as i wanted. I just cut it up and welded in some new metal to reinforce where i cut.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
Okay before anybody goes to the use the search button thread. I have been keeping up with these thread from Sux2bu to FastZ. I just wanted to know if anyone has made one of these systems for a Camaro without cutting the bumping supports etc. I would like to know this before i order a new cold air system or even worst start tearing my car apart Thanks
check out my sig for link, gained me around 12rwhp over the FTRA at the track and flows more air than SUX2BU's, more air might not be needed but the opening are larger than his...i might have said it in the post...also did not cut the bumper support but a little 1/2 on the underside that stuck straight down, very small, also have to cut the V notch for the hood support but it really doesn't do anything either...it is plenty strong without it...it is the only thing that can really say why my car is such a strong runner 115 mph with stock exhaust and a cutout...at 3365 raceweight...fits amazing...only bad news if you consider it that is gotta ditch the A/C or make the opening smaller but that kinda defeats the purpose...just think without the a/c you got another 35 lbs off the front end haha

hope this gives you some ideas just remeber dont funnel the air opening down...it will flow the same air if it is the same size throughout...more air will not flow with a funnel type induction...you can see this in my design...