Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible blown headgasket?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 12:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Possible blown headgasket?

Guys I was leaving work the other night and nailed it. I think I heard a loud pop but not sure because of the car spinning. Anyways I was looking at my oil pressure gauge and it seemed to be holding a little less presssure than usual at idle. I cranked the car today and popped the hood and opened the radiator cap. It was somewhat low and it looked what appears to be a little bit of sand or grit in the fluid. Could this be oil? The car runs fine from the startup. No smoke or running rough or fluid out the tail pipes. I may be worrying over nothing. The stuff in the radiator is what worries me the most even though its very little. I've blown a gasket before and I beleive I remember grit or stuff that looks like sand getting in the radiator when I did it. The oil on the dipstick looks fine. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you dont see white smoke anywhere and the oil on the dipstick looks like normal oil then i dont think you blew a gasket.