Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EdleBrock headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 03:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EdleBrock headers

You guys using the edlebrock stepped headers with the 3.5 collectors.How do you guys like them?Did they go in easy like a pacesetter would???Any info would be great thanx!
Old 02-04-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

I had to grind the tab on dr. side a little..that was it..nicely coated, don't hang low, and nice welds with no slag or burrs in them to clean up....
Old 02-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine went in like they were meant to be there. They seem to do pretty well. I went with the race style so I'll always have a little bit of an exhaust leak at the collectors. I can live with it. A 3.5" band clamp with a little aluminum foil between the two really helps. Only time I notice it is a kind of rattle if I let the car coast down from 4500+ rpm's with the clutch in.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
Mine went in like they were meant to be there. They seem to do pretty well. I went with the race style so I'll always have a little bit of an exhaust leak at the collectors. I can live with it. A 3.5" band clamp with a little aluminum foil between the two really helps. Only time I notice it is a kind of rattle if I let the car coast down from 4500+ rpm's with the clutch in.
does your y pipe hang low on the drivers side.??????
Old 02-04-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Asmodeus

unfortunately that is a sideffect of LT's with collectors....they leak at times, thats why I got an MS3...exhaust leak? :joker:
Old 02-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
does your y pipe hang low on the drivers side.??????
It kinda does a little bit, but when I knocked a collector off accidently going into an automatic car wash, I went to Finish Line Performance and they reattatched everything and tucked it under some more to the point where it taps the floorboard once in a while if the rpm's drop too low leaving from a stop in 1st gear, so I know it's up as far as it will go. I can get a measurement tomorrow. It's currently stock ride height.