Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gravy Pacesetter install tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gravy Pacesetter install tonight

I put my first set of headers on my T/A tonight. It went so smoothly I wonder why I hear all the horror stories. Then I started thinking about all you poor suckers working on your backs in the garage.

Anyway, with a lift and air it's a cake walk. Didn't have to cut the block tab, didn't even have to disconnect the steering shaft. Makes pulling manifolds on a 750iL look like a day in hell!! My only gripe is the pass side O2 pigtail comes out right against the tranny.

I haven't tackled the TSP Y yet, save it for another day. Besides, it sounds soooooo badass off the headers
Old 03-27-2007, 04:50 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turbotko
I put my first set of headers on my T/A tonight.
When does the second set go on?
Old 03-27-2007, 06:37 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by turbotko
......Then I started thinking about all you poor suckers working on your backs in the garage.....
That's how I did mine. Still relatively easy though. It didn't even take as long as a friends car on the lift. The nice thing about jack stands is one person can work from the top while the other from the bottom.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Mine was a cake walk with out a lift and air.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

same here did it on my back. heard all the horror stories so had about 4 friends there ready to tilt the engine and all that. We all stood and scratched our heads wondering how they went in so easily.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

I barely had to loosen the drivers motor mount and raise the engine up with an airplane jack to get the drivers side in. The passenger side slid in without a hitch. I probably had 3 hours total in it and that's with new plugs and MSD wires. However I haven't tackled the TSP Y yet. Hopefully the horror stories I've heard about the TSP Y's will be the same as the headers.

Damn I can't believe how much better the engine compartment looks with the headers and MSD wires along with the EGR and AIR crap gone. Best mod I've done so far I think.