Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She bangs! She bangs!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She bangs! She bangs!

DAMN, WRONG FORUM..........MODERATORS PLEASE MOVE THIS TO LS1/LS1 EXTERNAL ENGINE.

Finally got around to finishing the TSP Y-pipe install on my brand new pacesetters. I set it up with a fat pry bar in between the Y-pipe and the drivers side frame rail then tightened all the clamps. It's got about a 1/2" clearance but........she bangs. I wanted to take it off and BFH the frame rail but couldn't get the Y-pipe back off the headers after I tightened up all the clamps LOL.

I've searched and searched. There's poly motor mounts, stuffing a hunk of whatever between the pipe and body, the mufflex hanger, and all sorts of hillbilly **** in between to fix this. But what's the best way.

Now I wish I wouldn't have let Brian at TSP talk me out of the poly motor mounts. Oh well........I think I'll take it to a muffler shop and say "it hits right here, fix it". I need to have the peices of the Y-pipe welded anyway.

BTW, the pacesetter/TSP OR Y-pipe/ hooker catback combo sounds SICK!! It's soooooo quiet going down the highway, like quieter than stock. Stick your foot in it and LOOK OUT!!

Last edited by turbotko; 03-30-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only way not to "rig it" is poly mounts. But I stuck some heater hose for the time being and has been working fine so far.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Do the poly mounts make the car vibrate bad? I was told that it does but I can't see it being that bad.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by c0ncEpT
The only way not to "rig it" is poly mounts. But I stuck some heater hose for the time being and has been working fine so far.
When I put my PAce Lt's, I thought I had left enough room between the frame and the pipe aprx 1/2in too. But It didn't work out that way, the damn thing still banged! Went immediately to the garage and installed the hanger, and fixed the problem. It also looks like a clean install IMHO.