Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hose on side of air lid

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hose on side of air lid

what's the hose for that connects to the side of the air lid?
Old 04-01-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

It's the intake for the AIR system (pumps air into the manifolds to assist the cats in emissions, when the engine is warming up).
Old 04-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Banned

Plug it off at the intake and cut your air sytem rubber hose as short as you can get it...it will make a cool turbo sound for the first 5-10 minutes of every start up. Most people delete the whole system when they get headers. I didn't have the hole on my aftermarket lid for the A.I.R. so I just cut it short until header install.Ur choice?
Old 04-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Launching!

ok well i just puc my slp lid on and th elid is plaugged off along with tho hose not being long enough. so all it does is pump air during warm up? Is it that big of deal to just leave it?
Old 04-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Banned

No pimp it is a piece of junk bolted to your car to help yo' cats warm up quicker on startup. It is injecting air directing into the exhaust tract to help this process. It will be fine hooked up to lid or hangin' down in the engine bay. I cut mine as short as I could get it to get a nice WHINE noise on startup. Kinda fun when it shuts off next to the vehicle next to you...sounds like a blow off valve...get 'er done!
Old 04-07-2007, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

kinda stupid, but what did everyone plug it with? I had to shop around forever! Menards had a 3/4 in sized CORK plug but I didn't feel to comfortable with cork. FINALLY I went to Home Depot and they had a 3/4 plug in rubber in the hardward area that fit perfectly and made me feel alot more comfortable. But just curious how everyone else plugged theirs.