Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP catback reviews/owners ONLY!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 05:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SLP catback reviews/owners ONLY!

Im going to be putting together several input ideas from reviews of catback owners for later use.

right now i need SLP catback owners only to post in here and give me there opinion's on their catbacks...LMI, LMII, CME....

i will have other post for other exhaust systems later, so please fellas once again only post your reviews if your an owner and not debates, im gathering this for later....ill give it a few days then im going to ask a mod to lock it

thanks
Old 04-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive got the LM1 and its a great exhaust , the welds are good and it is made out of all stainless steel. the only thing that i dont like is the drone you get going down the highway, ive got 4.10 gears in my car and at highway speeds it kills the ears inside the car thats the only dislike i have about it.
Russell
Old 04-21-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have LM1 and I like it... Now i have lt, ory, and a cam and it is really loud. looks really well built, but for some reason mine sometimes rattles at idle (most likely I messed something up). People will tell you it sounds raspy, but I have not heard an modded ls1 that wasn't. That is just the nature of the engine. The way it is right now, I think it sounds insane at wot.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

I had a LM don't know if it was 1 or 2 it was on the car when I bought it. Sounded good with stock manifolds and y pipe. But once I put on long tubes and ory it was retarted loud. And yes the highway drone was irritating. If you can live with these things have at it. I since switched it out because I was tired of getting pulled over for noise violations every time I went WOT. No regrets for switching.

Drew
Old 04-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a LM2 with stock manifolds, cats and SLP Y-Pipe. It sounds great, not as loud as the LM1 with the same set-up. At WOT - you'll get everyone's attention on the street and at the track. During Highway crusing - sounds pleasant - sometimes I've shut the radio off just to listen to my car hum along.

The kit was easy to install, the only modification I've made to the system was to use band clamps instead of the ring clamps supplied with the kit - gave my setup a more professional look, and would be easy to install/remove as required. If I wanted to goto a LM1 set-up all I have to do is buy the LM1 resonator and swap it with my LM2 muffler.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have LM1 on my ws6 its definitely nice being stainless, nice bends and welds, nice price as well, love the dual dual tips as well. I like loud exhaust and dont really care about drone at all.

I have the two on the left catback that has an actual muffler on my thirdgen. I sounds good at idle, at high rpms people have said it sounded like a motorcycle (harley, etc.. not a sportbike) its def. a unique tone it produces. Its nicely built also. I just got rid of the muffler man it was heavy, I just went with a staight pipe to make it alittle more loud the tips on that system must make up some of the unique tone because it sounds mostly the same just louder.

the one thing I dont like is the u-bolt clamps after using using its almost not possible to take apart the exhaust with a torch, with I dont have.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

I never really minded the "drone" that everybody talks about. I thought it wasn't bad at all driving around town. It's only obnoxious when you punch down on it. But I loved the sound at WOT. Just nasty
Old 04-21-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Regular

My SS came with the Dual/Dual installed. It doesn't have the dreade "cone of silence". The longer I have the car and drive it more, the better it sounds. It is fairly quiet at idle but really sounds good it 2k-3k RPM range. Then wicked loud at WOT. My wife says she can hear me when I turn onto our road to the house. I thought about changing it out, but now no way am I changing.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by planemech2
My SS came with the Dual/Dual installed. It doesn't have the dreade "cone of silence". The longer I have the car and drive it more, the better it sounds. It is fairly quiet at idle but really sounds good it 2k-3k RPM range. Then wicked loud at WOT. My wife says she can hear me when I turn onto our road to the house. I thought about changing it out, but now no way am I changing.
Dang, I had the dual/dual also and it never had that cone of silence either, and still it was really quiet. Although I did like the tone it never had the loudness I was looking for.

Switched out to the LM1 and its a noticeable difference to say the least. Has a great sound at idle, although I might have screwed something up installing. When going WOT it sounds like a beast, and I cant wait for Headers. Only decision is ory or catted y?
Old 04-21-2007, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

I had the LM1 with stock cats and manifolds what if you plan on doing LTs and a ORY stay away from the system. But you could do LT's and Y-pipe with cats. But It sounds good its loud if you like it like that
Old 04-21-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

thanks fellas, keep them coming
Old 04-21-2007, 03:05 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the SLP Loudmouth, not sure what version. It has the dual, dual tips. Like the name implies, it's loud, quite loud. I like the fact that it's stainless, especially living a block away from the beach. No rust to worry about. Cruising around 80 with the windows down and tops off you're not going to be able to hear anything but exhaust. I like it, one of my friends is a pansey though and thinks it's too loud .
Old 04-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Launching!

LM2 here. While everybody rags on the LM's and says they sound like crap, I think they are great exhausts. I have actually had the LM1 and LM2 on two different cars. I have the LM2 now on my 98' Formy with ORY and longtubes and I had the LM1 with stock manifolds and ORY on my 99' WS.6 TA. In both cases it was pretty loud although I think the LM1 was louder even with stock manifolds and ORY than my LM2 is with LT's and ORY. People say they sound bad but I think there is no meaner sounding exhaust on the market. As for the quality, it is top notch. Stainless, mandrel bent, great fit and under $400. How can you beat it? The only thing I don't like are the dual/dual tips. I had them on my LM1 and they looked like they cost about $5. I now have the single 3.5" tips on my LM2 and they look great.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

i just installed my lm1 today it sounds great at idle and WOT the drone is not real bad.
this is a great system if you dont really have the money to get a true dual system, or if you just want more noise over stock for a good price. install was also a piece of cake. fit like a condom.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Launching!

Got it installed about a week ago and i love every moment of it. When i start it, it just sounds mean, when i punch it, its even meaner and at WOT holy **** is it nice sounding
Old 04-22-2007, 02:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive had both the LM1 and LM2. Quality is excellent in both. The LM1 was with stock manifolds and y pipe and sounded good, but had a lot of drone. The LM2 is on with longtubes, ORY, and cam. Has some drone on the highway and loud as fock at WOT but not too bad just driving. The muffler hangs low though if you are lowered so watch for that. I dont scrape often though
Old 04-22-2007, 02:50 AM
Teching In

ok so i work at a GM dealership, i have pacesetter LTs, ory, and the LM1 to get installed. they were going to install it unitl they realized i was going with no cats ( huge fine) now the problem ill have down the road is emissions w/o the cats. so right now im driving w my y-pipe cut in half w/o a muffler (annoying as ****) . from experience is a catted y-pipe going to make much of a difference? just waiting to find someone to install headers now...post asap to let u know what i think of the setup...expecting to sound pretty badass...suggestions though from setups everyone has with the cats?
Old 04-22-2007, 03:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

don`t get the lm1 with a cam it is annoyingly loud
Old 04-22-2007, 05:43 AM
On The Tree

iv'e had my lm1 since i bought the car brand new in 2000 has 40000 miles on it.still looks great.love the slash tips.before i put lt and ory was a great sounding exhaust .now it sounds like crap.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I love mine with ORY and LTs.

I will turn it into a magnamouth pretty soon though.

Quick Reply: SLP catback reviews/owners ONLY!