Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XS Stainless LT's installed... vid clips...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XS Stainless LT's installed... vid clips...

So, for the few of you who read the last thread, this is the update thread.

if you recall, the SS started off with a stock exhaust
http://www.demonofdreams.org/Camaro/StockExhaust.avi

then moved into the realm of the GMMG Catback system
http://www.demonofdreams.org/Camaro/GMMGExhaust.avi

Now, gone are the manifolds, cats and ever suffocating flat crushed Y pipe (you thought the stock Y's on the 3rdgens were bad, heh) ... installed are some beautiful stainless steel long tubes and a stainless 3" Y without cats...
http://www.demonofdreams.org/Camaro/GMMGLTStart.avi
firing it up this morning... camera was being a POS but fixed itself after I had taken this vid, so just picture the same back end

going out for a drive down westheimer
http://www.demonofdreams.org/Camaro/GMMGLTDrive1.avi

under I-59 going to a courthouse for some registration papers on the girlyfriends car
http://www.demonofdreams.org/Camaro/GMMGLTDrive2.avi

alongside I-59 heading towards girlyfriends work for lunch
http://www.demonofdreams.org/Camaro/GMMGLTDrive3.avi

the good thing is, I don't have a miss, I'm only throwing codes for the AIR system (which I sold) and the rear O2 sensors (which are no longer anywhere to be seen) ... all I have is a small leak on the exhaust at the intermediate pipe, will have a shop close it up later.

my gas mileage will suffer, oh yes, it will...
it'll be at least a month until I get it tuned ... and with gas prices ever rising now, I am now going to cry, as I drive 98% on the street and very very little highway

the install took a lot longer of a ******* time than I had originally expected it to... I started feeling sick after awhile so went inside and took a quick nap, then went outside again... I got hung up on connecting the Y pipe with the catback ... and had to call a friend to come help me out with that, fairly time consuming... by the time it was dark I still had plugs and wires to do, went reasonably quick... fired right up the first time, I might have a slight miss but not 100% certain, but the only leak is at the intermediate pipe, no where else, I checked and double checked under the hood...

might need to re-tighten some of the band clamps though just in case.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn that thing is freakin MEAN!!! i cant believe the difference from the GMMG alone.. to the headers and ORY with GMMG... bad freakin ***...

and its nice to hear and see the real difference when you didnt have headers, and now do...
Old 05-10-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
damn that thing is freakin MEAN!!! i cant believe the difference from the GMMG alone.. to the headers and ORY with GMMG... bad freakin ***...

and its nice to hear and see the real difference when you didnt have headers, and now do...
I've never been more satisfied with the GMMG Exhaust... i mean seriously, every thing I've done has justified purchasing that cat back even moreso ... can't wait until i can afford heads/cam
Old 05-10-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump for attention :o
Old 05-14-2007, 01:09 AM
Staging Lane

those incar views of your car after the LT install are incredible; It has that really intimidating deep crackle that a V8 should have
Old 05-14-2007, 02:07 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Sounds nice i still think The GMMG needs Cats "IMO"
Old 05-14-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i'm undecided on cats... at first, i was going to get them, but now that I don't have them yet I'm waiting on a tune to make decisions about it
Old 05-15-2007, 04:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just installed that same setup with my magnaflow catback this weekend.

I'm waiting on my o2 extentions in order to drive it.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gun4hire
I just installed that same setup with my magnaflow catback this weekend.

I'm waiting on my o2 extentions in order to drive it.
I was at a autozone last night... apparently the 13111's are $52 apiece at the moment...

too badi spent the cash elsewhere
Old 05-15-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Regular

52 bucks....im gonna have to look into that
Old 05-15-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I read about the 13111's - some folks have had issues with them. Since my stock O2's were working ok, I think I'll stick with the extentions (not to mention they are less expensive).
Old 05-15-2007, 10:35 PM
12 Second Club

told ya it would take longer than you were thinking...lol . Its all good though man and the car sounds great. I don't no if you ever take it to the strip but I picked up .3 and 3mph in the quartermile with mine untuned. Good job bro...
Old 05-15-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i went and got my Y adjusted today, best 20 bucks i ever spent

I have zero clearance issues now... the XS Y tucks up insanely well, doesn't vibrate or even bang against the floorboards... I'm impressed with the setup.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Regular

sounds awesome man. how much do you think gas mileage would go down just by installing headers and not having them tuned or installing extensions? also, my understanding is that you have to either buy 2 new o2 sims or get 2 extensions for the rear in order to stop throwing the emissions code and be able to pass an inspection. what are the pros and cons of each?
Old 05-19-2007, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My mileage is suffering mostly because of my putting my foot through the floor cause I love how it sounds... it still idles a little rough, and I'm sure its going down a fair amount aside from that... before the install I was getting about 210 to a tank all city driving, I'm taking it easy this week to see what my mileage will be like, so far it looks to be on par ... but on par = me putting my foot into it more often than not... taking it easy = not. so we'll see within the next few days...

I bought two extensions, for the front O2's only and while they're not causing any thrown codes, I'm sure they can't be doing too well either... my rear O2's actually are completely gone, still connected to the cats honestly, and much to my surprise, are not causing a code to be thrown... I hooked it up to a scanner and all I've got are the AIR system codes

I will get a tune shortly, I need it in all honesty... I could have done with one while bone stock, but now, its very apparent. Most places don't offer O2 sims, you can run without them and be fine most times, and for the cost of the bosch 13111's (my next purchase before tune) you'll not regret buying them vs. settling for front extensions. (I'm still kicking myself in the *** for it really)