Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do JetHots Perform vs. Other Longtubes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do JetHots Perform vs. Other Longtubes?

I'm almost set on a pair of JetHot Longtubes, as the price is phenomenal. However, I can't help but remember the old adage, "You get what you pay for." So my question: How much of a performance difference is there between the JetHots and a set of, say, QTP, Thunder Racing, or Kooks Longtubes? 5, 10, 20 RWHP?

Thanks,
Josh
Old 06-01-2003, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: How do JetHots Perform vs. Other Longtubes?

The headers look nice but I don't like their Y-pipe design.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was going to get a custom Y made with Flowmaster collectors and high-flow cats. I don't like the idea of no cats with my Loudmouth.

Josh
Old 06-03-2003, 08:01 AM
TECH Regular

That's what I've got to do. anyone put cats on with hookers/jet hots/Y pipe? I'd like to see pics if so...! TIA!

Chris
Old 06-08-2003, 03:47 AM
Launching!

That's what I've got to do. anyone put cats on with hookers/jet hots/Y pipe? I'd like to see pics if so...! TIA!

Chris
--------------------------

Well Chris, speaking for my situation, we ended up with a brand new pair of Carsound 13" high flow cats still in their boxes after the Jet Hot LT header/Jet Hot coated Hooker Y pipe. . . No way in the world there was room to put these cats in that Hooker Y pipe, even tho Jet Hot keeps promising their own designed Y pipe with cats included. (and promising, and promising, etc. etc.) To my knowledge they haven't made good on this as yet. Not saying they can't or won't come up with something, but the cats are going to have to be EXTREMELY small (short) similar to the ones that QTP used on their catted Y pipe. The ones from Random Tech that might work, are like $165.00 each. Meanwhile here I am with no cats, (02 sims) and my emissions test coming up soon. . .

With any luck, Jet Hot will fullfill their promise to provide a catted Y for a "reasonable price. (hope springs eternal)
Old 06-08-2003, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

what is this great price you are getting on the jet hots? and where are you getting them?
Old 06-08-2003, 12:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Some of the fastest bolton cars are runnign Jethots so I dont know if there is muchpower lost. Granted the collector design canbeimprovd on soem with a merge ollector and a better collector in the y pipe, but for the price they perform awesome.

As for where I got a good deal on Jethots, I bought them from myself with coated y pipe so that might be considered cheating