Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick question y-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question y-pipe

I have the xs-headers and y pipe. The y-pipe rattles against floor on drivers side.I have read on here that you can use a piece of heater hose to put between the floor and the y-pipe.Does this work and most of all wont this just met on the pipe? O yea I hate the way it sounds now.To raspy.Does anyone know of a fix for this.I like the way the y-pipe fits up tight against the floor.I can't see where you could put a couple of converters with out
it hanging all down low.Has anyone used a resinator between the y and muffler? I just wished that xs would make a catted y.
Thanks
Old 09-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2fastWS6
I have the xs-headers and y pipe. The y-pipe rattles against floor on drivers side.I have read on here that you can use a piece of heater hose to put between the floor and the y-pipe.Does this work and most of all wont this just met on the pipe? O yea I hate the way it sounds now.To raspy.Does anyone know of a fix for this.I like the way the y-pipe fits up tight against the floor.I can't see where you could put a couple of converters with out
it hanging all down low.Has anyone used a resinator between the y and muffler? I just wished that xs would make a catted y.
Thanks
Easiest way to fix it is to take it off and bang on it with a hammer
Old 09-24-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

Or buy poly motor mounts and do a poly tranny mount while you're under there. It will take care of the y-pipe problems.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can use a piece of rubber hose, It wont bang anymore but it will vibrate. The only real way to fix it is to get some poly motor mounts
Old 09-24-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah you can use heater hose and it will melt to the pipe...but that just holds it on there better haha

too raspy?...i'm not sure if know what "rasp" is exactly
here's a vid of mine with xs headers, ory, and a spiral flow muffler...does it sound raspy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXhKrYHHO08
Old 09-24-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aaron653
yeah you can use heater hose and it will melt to the pipe...but that just holds it on there better haha

too raspy?...i'm not sure if know what "rasp" is exactly
here's a vid of mine with xs headers, ory, and a spiral flow muffler...does it sound raspy?
it is raspy on the outside of the car when you rev it. Had one dumped on my ory when my brother was installing a set on his car just to see how it would be and it sounded like garbage anything above idle but most if not all ory setups have some rasp no matter the muffler used. It helps to get a better ypipe merge tho. You would think an aftermarket company that makes these parts to help create better flow and more horsepower would actually make a decent merge on their ypipes. The stock one is better than most aftermarket ones, if only it was 3''.....