Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

like the title says. me and a friend swapped a 1995 3.4 v6 camaro to a lt1. the motor is from a 96 TA, engine harness is from 95 TA, pcm from 97 z28.

we put a new coil on, new ignition module, new optispark, and still no spark at all from the coil. does anyone know if there is something that we missed that may need to be changed to make it get spark. also the diagnostic port under the dash cannot hookup to a scan tool. really need to figure it out quik. anyhelp is highly appriciated.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the scan tool will not connect then you are missing power some where. I know there are differences between the V6 and V8 harnesses and they will not just plug in. Did you fix that?

Re'
Old 10-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would 1st try the LT1 forum or Conversion forum.

The main issue is you have a engine and pcm off a ODBII car and a ODBI car, you may have to spend the cash for a plainless wiring harness, for these conversions alot of the guess work is taken out and I dont know enough, or trust myself enough to assume anything.